I hope everyone else is doing great and keeping up with their goals!
I started college this week and here’s a few things I’ve learned:
- Be at least 30 minutes early to class if you don’t have a very early morning class. Otherwise, you will have to walk a long ways to get to the school because parking is limited.
- Ending up sitting in the wrong class on the first day isn’t THAT embarrassing. Just get up and walk out. Trust me, there will be other kids walking into your classes not knowing where they are either.
- Notice the closest doors to your classrooms ASAP. You’ll be thankful when the cold weather hits, or you’re running late.
- Be at least 10-15 minutes early to class. No you won’t be the only one there!
- COFFEE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND – especially if you have morning classes
- Cafeteria food looks great, and it’s so exciting to eat “college food” but it’s too expensive! Bring your own! Seriously, I didn’t bring food my first day and I had 2 hours between classes that I spent in the cafeteria studying and I was starving!
- Don’t expect to leave campus for lunch, you won’t get your spot back. Stay put!
- Just talk to people! It’s not that bad.
- Make sure you get ahead. You’ll be thankful for it later.
- Order your books early. You don’t want to be without your books, or late to classes because you had to wait in that god awful line on the first day.
- PAY ATTENTION
Okay, it was more than a few! But hey, that’s how I roll 😉
So far college is going good! The only part that’s killing me is the reading… SO MUCH READING. I’m not used to it because we never read our textbooks in high school. Seriously, I’m not even sure why they bothered buying them.
Great to be blogging again,